Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wednesday routines June 22

I am surprised that I liked Mitchell.  He didn't dance last week and came across as an emotional wimp when the camera shot him in the audience.  He was so good that I didn't even connect him with last week's cry baby.

Sasha with Alexander...I really liked this routine and the judges gave it added favor by announcing Obama's troop withdrawal announcement.

Chris and Ashley...I was prepared to not like their routine based on the silly interview and the difficulty during practice.  But, Ashley met her challenge head on and showed a new maturity.  I especially liked the first slow walk by Chris...that really set the mood.

Melanie and Marko...Is she the first dancer with short hair (other than Sasha)?  I liked their routine and think they may be the favorite of the judges.

Rickey and Ryan...please, someone tell her to stop with the big silly grin!  She loses character and mood.  Good dance...good costumes in spite of malfunctions.

Iveta and Nick...am I the only one who thinks Iveta is on the other side of 30?  Her talent cannot be denied, though.  And Nick seems to be a step behind her all through the routine.  Does he have a clue...  And the Bollywood was not great.  It is hard to find anything to compare with the first production number a few years ago.

I like Robert and Miranda...liked their routine, too.

Wadi and Missy...these guys may be in trouble but his personality is a bit more genuine than most others and the judges were tough on him because lack of hip action, I think.
Tadd and Jordan...OK, Viennese waltz is not popular among this young crowd...but this couple is one of the best.

Jess and Clarice...Well, Jess is fantastic on his own but I don't think it works for him with a partner.  He's a skinny little guy and could barely manage the simple lifts.  Made Clarice look bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment